Monday, April 22, 2013

A Trip to the Hollow


I recently had the fun opportunity to go and tour a new outdoor/indoor venue in Broken Arrow, OK! The name "Tranquility Hollow" is a perfect way to describe the 20 acres surrounded by trees, hills, and a lot of love from the owners, Bob and Lola! Limited only by your own dreams and imaginations, this venue is a perfect setting for a wedding, family get together, birthday party, or a day spent with friends! They have different "packages" you can buy, which include a wedding weekend for a small group of overnight guests! If you decide to book a wedding weekend package with them, the entire venue is yours for the weekend so you don't have to worry about any "wedding crashers!" Otherwise, you can choose an activity package based on your wants and needs by the hour, or time of day! Just call ahead to get prices and package options! DJ and I throw around ideas about a venue to get hitched at, and I stumbled across this place (which is much closer than the other locations we were looking at). I came home with pictures and stories and cannot wait to take him out there in the beginning of May for a photography session with our friend Natalie who owns and operates, Hugs and Smiles Photography! I had been e-mailing Lola so much, that when I finally arrived it was as if two friends were meeting up for an afternoon of walking and talking and "catching up"! Her husband Bob, was hard at work on the land and I didn't get a chance to visit with him, but I'm absolutely positive we will get along! I snagged some pictures with my phone while I was out there to bring home to DJ so he could see the place, and Lola has given me permission to share them with you all! You can contact them for rates or questions but here is a small list of fun activities they offer at the Hollow (they offer plenty more than I'm giving you here):

Catch and Release Fishing
Horseshoe Pitching
Swings
20 BEAUTIFUL ACRES
Zip Line
Fire Pits
Swimming


You can choose a weekend package for up to about 8 people! This is one of the beautiful rooms they have put together to make your stay as comfortable as possible! This is also the room that Lola said would be her idea of the groom's room for weddings!


This is one of the beautiful bathrooms downstairs with this stunning bathtub! Doesn't it just make you want to grab some candles and scented bubble bath and relax here?!


Upstairs you'll find the designated "bridal suite" which has it's own bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen! It's almost like giving the bride and her girls their own private apartment with a screened in porch overlooking the land! I think this would make a great "apartment" to relax in the day of our wedding! 


As if all the activities outside are not enough for you, if you need to wind down and relax why not choose to do so in their own movie room! They have lots of movies for you to choose from, or you can bring your own favorite! I'll show you the reverse of this picture where you get to cozy up and relax during the show :)




A beautiful sunny afternoon :) 


Here is the lagoon style pool with winding slide that you all can enjoy on your trip to the Hollow! It is cooled off in the heat of the summer, and heated if it's cool outside! Remember to call out there if you have questions about prices or policies! I know I have your interest by now!


Enjoy sitting around the campfire at night and roast weenies or s'mores! Grab a guitar and have a jam session with your friends-whatever your heart desires!


They have built a fun tree house for kids or children at heart! 


We had massive Spring storms a couple days before I went out with high winds and heavy rains! Normally the pond is much cleaner but the pounding rain causes every pond/lake in OK to get a little muddy! Still absolutely beautiful! 

I know in writing it is hard to give this place the credit it deserves! I had an absolutely wonderful afternoon and can't wait to go back soon! My mind is reeling with ideas for functions and wedding ideas! Plus, I gained a great new friend from my experience and know it will continue through the years (we brainstorm and think alike on a lot of things!) 
Call and book your event at Tranquility Hollow and let me know how it goes! I'm anxious to see what kind of ideas people come up with for their events out there! Everybody sees things in different ways, and this venue gives you room to stretch your imagination and offers you so much more than just your typical "outside venue"! 

~Shelly~


No comments:

Post a Comment