Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Venison Roast and Potatoes

So, I don't know if I wished on enough shooting stars the other night or if it was just a plain old lucky day, but we found more venison!! I'm sure for those of you who don't have venison or like venison you're probably saying, UGH! right about now! However, you can substitute beef/turkey/chicken whatever you like into these venison recipes to fit your liking! With that being said, I defrosted a great looking venison roast and threw it in the crock-pot, left it overnight, and by the time Dee Jay was home from work the next day we had a FANTASTIC venison roast with potatoes! It was so easy I almost felt ashamed that it tasted so good. (That is why you will see to keep it easy, we used paper plates instead of the real deal!) HaHa! So, just for kicks I looked up some better nutritional facts about venison! You can find it here at Self Nutrition Data (know what you eat)! Here is everything I did to make this melt in your mouth roast and potatoes.

I started with about 5 to 6 small potatoes and sliced them into thin rounds. I cut enough to cover the bottom of the crock pot (leaving room for the roast in the middle) and stacked them about 3 layers high! Next I poured about half a container of beef broth into the crock pot. I added the venison roast after we salt and peppered both sides. Next I added chopped red pepper, red pepper flakes (for a little spicy kick), a whole white onion, and 2 cloves of garlic minced! Left all of the ingredients in the crock pot on low overnight until the next day for lunch! When I woke up, there was no problem getting me out of bed, the smell alone made me want to eat the whole roast before DJ even got home! Good thing I didn't, I would have be in
T-R-O-U-B-L-E! I added some Brussel Sprouts for a side and we had a very lovely little lunch!
Side Note: There is not a lot in this picture because I seriously was so anxious to try it, then couldn't stop eating it, that I forgot to take a picture. Luckily I had a little extra at the end of the day, so I snapped a quick photo! :)

I'm sitting here thinking about it, and getting in the cooking mood so I think I'm going to head to the kitchen and make something delicious to share with you next time! I'm thinking some sort of cupcake so DJ can take them to the guys at work! Hope everyone had a wonderful, safe Labor Day weekend. Until we meet again... ~Happy Eating~ 


A little funny for your afternoon





No comments:

Post a Comment