Saturday, June 9, 2012

Slow Cooked BBQ Ribs...MmmmHmmm

Alright, you all are going to get sick of me and my crock-pot haha...but I LOVE IT!! It's so easy and makes your home smell so good all day while it's cooking. So here I go with another one! One of our "meat deals" I was telling you about earlier was boneless ribs so I found a slow cooker recipe and went to work. We added a little of our own spices for extra flavor and left it in overnight on low and by the morning they were so tender we could barely pull one out with a fork because they just wanted to fall apart!! I found the recipe on SparkRecipes.com and it is delicious!

You start out with 4 tablespoons of brown sugar. I did "heaping" tablespoons because I like the sweet flavor! You add one cup of ketchup, one cup of BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet 'n Spicy), two tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce (again I used about 4 because we love our Worcestershire sauce), one teaspoon of salt, and one teaspoon of pepper. Mix all this together in a bowl and throw the ribs in the crock-pot then cover them the sauce.
SIDE NOTE: Our addition to the sauce was one teaspoon of garlic powder, one teaspoon of celery seed, and one teaspoon of marjoram. YUMMY!!
The recipe says to leave these in for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. I threw this together before bed, and left it on low until lunch the next day. We pulled it apart (and trimmed off the fat because ribs will have quite a bit of fat) and put it on a sandwich! It was so delicious and the left-overs taste just as good as when it came straight out of the crock-pot!
Right out of the crock-pot ready to be trimmed and pulled apart for a fantastic sandwich!

So, here is the direct link to the recipe and the ingredients one more time :)
4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 cup Ketchup 
1 cup BBQ sauce
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
12 oz of ribs (3 oz Per person)
(WE ADDED a teaspoon of garlic powder, celery seed and marjoram) 

Since this was so short and to the point, I'm going to share what I did on my Saturday afternoon! You can find it on my Pinterest page and it was so easy to make! If you are a baseball fan like me (GO CARDS) and have an extra baseball lying around your house you can follow the link to make a cute baseball bracelet or anklet (I made both). My note to self as I made them this afternoon was that after you take the stitches out of the water and stretch them out, you can put them under something heavy and pull them as straight as you can and it will lay flat instead of having the "curling" shape of the baseball!! Hope ya'll have a good weekend!! 
~Happy Eating~

No comments:

Post a Comment