Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ham and Squash Soup

I guess it's time to play catch up on all the recipes I did make last week! This ham and squash soup is a gem we found on Pinterest! Paula Deen's recipes make me so happy!! You can find her original recipe on her site PaulaDeen.com! It's easy to put together and I love all the different textures and flavors in the soup itself! Let's get cookin'!

Ingredients
2 pounds yellow squash-sliced into rounds 
(Note: I quartered my slices)
6 TB butter
1 large onion-chopped
4 carrots, sliced
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 c sour cream
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c white cheddar cheese-grated
1 1/2 c vegetable stock
2 c cooked ham

To start out you're going to melt the butter (buttah-Paul Deen lol) in a soup pot on the stove! Add the onions, carrots, squash, and a dash of salt and pepper. Saute all this together for about 20 minutes. 



Add the evaporated milk and sour cream to the vegetable mixture, and stir well! Simmer this mixture until you start to see bubbles, and then stir in the nutmeg, cheese, ham and vegetable stock! 

Warm the entire mixture through, and serve! 

I couldn't get enough of this soup, it was so delicious! I was worried about the leftovers and the squash getting to soggy, but to my surprise it held up well to finish off the next day! 




Stay tuned for a very enticing snack that I can't make enough of!! 
Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment