Monday, March 18, 2013

Taco Salad


Taco salad is an easy dinner and absolutely delicious! I can remember eating this when I was a little girl! I never seem to remember it when I'm stuck for something to make for dinner, but I remembered last night and I couldn't be happier I did! It's fairly easy to put together and will leave you happy and coming back for seconds! Let's get started...

Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion
2 small tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 pkg. (or pre-made) taco seasoning
Corn Tortillas
Canola oil
Shredded Cheese-I used the Mexican blend 
Shredded Lettuce-
(I didn't have this on hand last night but I normally always put it on there)
Catalina Dressing

You're going to want to brown the meat in a large skillet, and add about half of the onion (chopped), garlic cloves and one small tomato (diced). Once your meat is cooked through you're going to add the taco seasoning and water. Keep the meat on warm, and add a little canola oil to a small skillet. Heat the oil until it's smoking and add one tortilla at a time for about 10-15 seconds per side. All you're trying to do is give the tortilla a crispy crunch!! Place tortillas out on a paper towel to soak up any remaining oil. Dice the remainder of the onion and the second tomato and add to a plate! Here are the steps to putting these together...

1) Place tortilla on a plate
2) Add meat
3) Top with onion, tomato, and lettuce
4) Add shredded cheese
5) Top it off with the Catalina Dressing
6) ENJOY!!

Meat mixture in the skillet staying warm!

This is the size of the onion I used! 

Step 1) Add crispy corn tortilla to your plate! (You need to use corn, the flour tortillas don't get crispy like these do)! 

Finished Taco Salad! YUM! 

Stay tuned for a chickpea snack tomorrow! 
Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment