Sunday, January 6, 2013

A New Year Means New Challenges

I'm trying to do a few things this year that I've tried in previous years and have failed within 3 months lol! Thanks to Pinterest, I have started over, and hope that with the blog going strong, I will stay more accountable with the ideas! The first is a photo a day for 365 days! Whoah, that's a lot of photos (even though I take a million photos), it's harder to stay accountable when you have something specific you're trying to capture each and every day! The last time I tried this was a couple of years ago, and lost track in March, and never finished! I had very random photos throughout the whole year, with weeks missing in each month! So every Sunday, I'm going to try and post my "week" in photos! The first "week" was only 5 days, and my challenge was as follows:

1) Today
2) Something New
3) Heart
4) My view from here
5) Movement

A picture of "today" from my calendar
My "something new" was a hand carved wooden box my sister brought back to me from her trip to Africa! We absolutely love it! The detail is amazing! Can you see the hearts??
Day three was a heart. This is heart from one of my favorite necklaces! 
My "view from here" photo, was taken at my sisters house! Morgan had just tossed some of her toys and was having a blast with the whole family (minus DJ because he was working) watching the OU bowl game! :( So sad my Sooners lost....but with a view like this, how can this Aunt be too discouraged?
My movement photo had me stumped until I went to feed the turtles! They always crack us up when it's feeding time! Sheldon was going after one of his turtle pellets, and was frantically swimming to the top of his tank to get to it! (The pieces floating on top of the water are dried shrimp! Our water is not that dirty lol)
I'm excited for this coming week, and most excited to look back over the year once it's all said and done, and see every single day of the year caught on camera! At the end of the month, I'll post the full challenge for January, so if you want to do a challenge for a month or two (or 3 or 12 lol) you can get on board! 
My second challenge is reading! Reading was/has always been one of my favorite things to do! I love it! I'm not sure how many books are going to go into the challenge yet. I think I might start with 50 and go from there! The first book I'm reading is The Alchemist! I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the month! Some of my books, I've read before and some of the books will be new! Something I would challenge you to do, is to read one of your favorite books from your childhood! Not to your children, or your husband, or your dog, but to find a quiet moment and sit down and re-read one of your childhood favorites! I read The Velveteen Rabbit, and was amazed at how quickly I could remember every detail of it like I was five years old again! Our imaginations are so different as adults from when we were little! Suddenly, I could smell, feel, taste, hear things that I had "imagined" as a little girl, that probably wouldn't' have happened if I had just read it for the first time as an adult! I'll keep you updated on The Alchemist (I'm not that far into it yet, so I have no pro's or con's yet)! 

Stay tuned tomorrow for a great new recipe!! 

~Happy Week~

No comments:

Post a Comment