Sunday, January 13, 2013

Challenge update 1/13/13

It's been a very fun week! We've had the craziest weather imaginable! Yesterday it thundered while it was sleeting (BIG chunks of sleet falling from the sky), and the day before that I went to the gym in a t-shirt with my AC on!! It's pretty much been like that this whole season! Cold...hot...cold...hot...make up your mind Oklahoma!! The family got together to celebrate my mom's birthday last night, and DJ and I have been enjoying curling up on the couch and catching up on some movies!! When it's down in the 20's at night it's about the only thing that sounds relaxing and warm!! Now I'm trying to stay warm (our entire patio is covered in thick ICE) with a cup of coffee and Food Network on TV (love watching these shows)! So let's get started on the photo challenge! Here were my specifics for the week:

1) Mine
2) Street
3) Something beginning with 'T'
4) Paper
5) 1:00
6) Water
7) Surprise

I absolutely LOVE that D plays music!! I grew up in a house where music was always playing!
My dad played guitar, my mom played the piano, my Papa played the harmonica, I played piano, my sister played the piano, now my niece plays guitar, my other niece plays piano and takes voice lessons, and EVERYONE sang!! It was wonderful! Every Sunday morning my mom would play music loud enough to get you out of bed and get moving! We would always sing in the car (I can't ever remember not singing on car rides). So to have such a wonderful man in my life who also plays music and sings is very much a "being home" feeling for me!! I LOVE it!! 

My street view was taken on 131st in Bixby, OK. This is outside a church and I have always enjoyed the view! There is nothing but country around this church (not pictured, this sits in the parking lot), so with the Oklahoma skies as a backdrop you always get a pretty backdrop!! 

I was really trying to think of something out of the norm that started with a "T". So, no tree, turtle, tea, telephone. I had run to the store and remembered that a friend of mine had given me some "two dollar bills", so I grabbed one out of my wallet and snapped a picture of it! So my "t"wo dollar bill is my out of the norm, starts with T picture! 

My paper picture, is a picture of some scrapbook paper I have! I always keep extra scrapbook paper around just in case the crafting bug bites and I get a fun idea! I love this paper because it reminds me of some old fashioned ordering paper! My grandpa owned a grocery store when my mom was a little girl, and he had some old papers he had kept from his store. This reminds me of something he would use to order/sell something from his store!

Remember those spicy chicken tortilla roll-ups I made the other day! Well at exactly 1:00 this is what I was doing! Cutting them up into bite sized pieces to serve up for lunch! Yum!

I'm a water girl! Always have been and probably always will be! From fishing, to boating, to swimming, to enjoying, I just love to be around water! You hand me a fishing pole and point me in the direction of a fishing hole and I'll show you one happy girl!! One of the things I love about where we live right now are the fountains, waterfalls and little streams that run through the entire complex! We love to go out here and feed the ducks, or look for turtles, or just walk around and enjoy the scenery!

My surprise picture is of my mom's birthday cake that my sister made and surprised us all with at dinner last night! I have one talented sister when it comes to A LOT of things, including cakes!! It was beautiful and sparkly and tasted delicious (I'm not much of sweets eater, but I will always enjoy a slice of cake and cream cheese frosting when I know it came from her kitchen)! 

So, there you have my week in photos challenge! I'm having a lot of fun trying to think of the not so normal ways to take my photo of the day! My reading is moving along and I will give ya'll an update on that soon! I am really loving the book so far (The Alchemist)! It's an easy read and I find myself lost in it's pages a lot! So to re-cap the photo challenge here is what we have so far:

Today
Something New
Heart
The view from here
Movement
Mine
Street
Something beginning with "t" 
Paper
1:00
Water
Surprise

Stay tuned tomorrow for a DELICIOUS recipe from GameandGarden.com!! Until then...

~Happy Eating~









No comments:

Post a Comment