Monday, January 28, 2013

Swiss steak and challenge update!

This recipe came from my Mema's kitchen! It was my mom's favorite thing her mom cooked! There's nothing like cooking family recipes that have been passed on from kitchen to kitchen! Because I'm doubling up this post with a recipe and the photo challenge, let's get started!

Ingredients
1 medium onion-chopped
1 green pepper-chopped
Flour (for coating meat)
Round Steak (or venison hind steak)
Oil for pan
2 c chopped, peeled (or canned) tomatoes
Water-Just a small amount. We used less than a cup

This is VERY easy! To start out you're going to want to brown the onion and pepper in a skillet with oil. Once they are tender and browned, transfer them out of the skillet.

Beat the flour into your tenderized steaks, and brown the steaks in the skillet with a small amount of oil.

Cover the steaks with the peppers and onions and tomatoes and add the small amount of water.

The steaks are under there :)

Cover the skillet and cook until the steak is tender. To add some seasoning we used, Greek seasoning and salt and pepper (just a dash of each). Once your steak is tender you're ready to eat! YUM!!!

Delicious!

Okay, let's move on to the photo challenge this week (I cheated...again! Eeek! I have to stop doing that)!

Something you saw
What you did
Corner
Electric
Stripes
Landscape
Together

Last Sunday was my first day of "for real" hunting...and now I know that the animals don't always just go where you want them to! It was still fun to be out in the blind where the world was waking up all around us! You really can't beat spending time outdoors!! (My duck blind is out there...can you find it?)

Monday I got the fun opportunity to go with one of my best friends to look at a wedding location for her upcoming wedding this summer! This is a picture of where her wedding will be located, inside the Mayo hotel in Tulsa! Absolutely beautiful, and can not wait to share this experience with her! (The bride and groom stand at the stop of the staircase! How fairy tale is this??!!)

This is a picture of the corner of the bulletin board in our kitchen! I "try" to add what all is on the menu for the next couple weeks so I don't forget what all I buy ingredients for! Don't you hate it when you're down to the last of your groceries, but you can't remember all those cooking ideas you had before the grocery shopping took place :) or is that just me?

My electricity picture is of my Valentine lights I have hanging! Love keeping the home festive! 

My stripes came from a roll of wrapping paper I have stashed away! It's always a good idea to keep gift bags, tissue paper, ribbon, and wrapping paper around the house, you never know when you're going to need to rush out the door with the gift, and you realize you forgot something to put it in! I'm really bad at this...so I try to keep some on hand :)

Okay, here is where I cheated! Fridays picture was supposed to be landscape! Friday I was so sore from the gym I could barely hobble around, so I didn't move much! I knew the next day we were going hiking and fishing so I opted to just wait and get a truly pretty picture of landscape! But at least now because of the blog I can look through and remember that Friday=not moving, Saturday=fun in the outdoors!

My together picture is of a fire D built for us on our "private sandy beach" on Keystone Lake! We had a perfect little hole in the rocks, with "stone chairs" for us to sit on, and a nice sandy little area (our own private beach)! Absolutely perfect way to spend the day together! 

So there it is! Only 5 more days in January! So stay tuned for last of the challenge this month and a recipe tomorrow from my Grandma Hendrix's kitchen! Until then...

~Happy Eating~









No comments:

Post a Comment